If anything positive could come from this terrible storm, it’s Chris Christie throwing Mitt Romney under the bus. Here are just a few reason’s it’s awesome:
- There’s nothing more valuable in the minds of lamestream pundits (as opposed to actual people) than for a top Romney surrogate and GOP governor of a blue state giving Obama “bipartisan credibility” by touring the disaster zone together and praising him endlessly. (Real voters don’t care about bipartisanship at all — just results that affect them personally — but dumb pundits don’t know that.)
- Mitt is lamely trying to pretend he is better at “reaching across the aisle” than Obama. Well, there goes that.
- Christie knows Obama is going to win, wants to get on his good side.
- Christie has to run for reelection next year in a state that’s about to go overwhelmingly for Obama — he knows who to hug.
- Like the rest of us, Christie is still a little bit afraid Mitt might win, which would ruin his plans to run for president in 2016 (those plans will crash and burn — his belligerent blowhard act is not going to play well nationally — but who cares), so here’s a nice kick in the chin from Christie for Mitt.
- Disaster relief reminds Americans why they like government: not helpful for the party that wants to slash government.